Take Action on the Climate Emergency from Home!
Take action on the climate emergency for a few minutes every day, every week, or once a month from the comfort of your home. Whatever suits your schedule!
Over the winter months, taking action online offers an alternative or a supplement to protesting in the streets. Online action is also a good option for people who can't make it to in-person actions or who prefer to act from home, especially due to winter commuting or Covid breakouts.
The more people who mobilize on the climate and ecological crises, even in small ways, the greater our chance of urgently shutting down fossil fuel infrastructure and transitioning to renewables. We are running out of time to avoid climate and ecological collapse and ensure a habitable Earth for ourselves, our children, and all life on Earth. Every action counts.
We broke the actions down into:
- Take action against the inaction of government
- Take action against Banks that are funding fossil fuel projects
- Take action against Insurance Companies that insuring fossil fuel projects
- Take action against Investors that fund fossil fuels and deforest
- Climate Petitions
- Writing op-eds and contacting your Reps
- Actions we can take in our daily lives to reduce our carbon footprint and produce less waste
- Secretary John Kerry: Declare a Climate Emergency and Net Zero by 2025
- Tell President Biden to Declare a Climate Emergency
- Stop Line 3
- Social Media Toolkit to Stop Line 3
- Contact your Reps
Be Your Own Media
Stop the Fossil Fuel Industry, Now: List of events for Extinction Rebellion Boston's September week of rebellion
A compilation of books, movies, articles, and ways to take action to protect Black lives
Nadia Colburn, PhD and member of Extinction Rebellion Media team, discusses how to talk about the climate and ecological crisis with family and friends.
Sun Oct 2nd @ noon
Sun Oct 2nd @ 6:30 p.m.
Tue Oct 4th @ 4:30 p.m.